Traditional south indian Prawn fry in mud pot
Traditional south indian Prawn fry
Author: Vinoth Kumar
Recipe type: Main
Hi Guys This is Traditional south indian Prawn fry but with my twist. Lets get started. Don't forget your mud pot.
- 500 grms Prawns
- Curry leaves handful
- 2 Long red chilly
- ½ cup coconut flakes(fresh)
- 1 Tea spoon Cumin seeds
- 5 Pepper corns
- ½ Tea spoon mustarded seeds
- ½ Tea spoon turmeric powder
- 2 Tea Spoons groundnut Oil
- 1 Tea spoon coconut oil
- Clean the prawn well and add a pinch or half tea spoon turmeric powder. Mix it well and keep it aside.
- Now apply 1 tea spoon coconut oil to your mud pot. Make sure base is covered. If needed use extra tea spoon coconut oil. Now keep the pot aside for an hour.
- After an hour heat the mud pot in low heat.
- After oil gets hot add 1 tea spoon Cumin seeds, Pepper corns, mustarded seeds, red chilly, and all the curry leaves.
- Fry a little and now add the coconut flakes and fry.
- Add the prawns and fry. Make sure the heat is low.
- after 10 mins and the 2 tea spoon groundnut oil and mix it well.
- Rise the heat to medium and fry it well. Keep Mixing till the end.
Serving size: 2 Calories: 100